Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Attack on Stupidity #1

This will be the first in a long run of attacks about the stupidity of people in general. I will not get into any specific peoples because really this is not limited to any, in fact, I believe as a species the human race is pretty dim-witted. Even as I'm typing this my neighbor is banging on something - at 1:30 in the morning. But this is not about him and in fact he may have a good reason, plus if I were asleep I might not be annoyed by it. But I digress.

In the building which I live there are a total of 6 ways to exit the building: a front entrance consisting of four doors, a rear entrance, and four emergency exits. These exits are clearly labeled as such reading, "Alarm WILL go off." Yet, the inept mindless drones that inhabit the building refuse to acknowledge this and continually use the emergency exits as regular exits all to shave off probably thirty seconds to leave the building. Off course every time the door opens, the alarm sounds making everyone in the building think there's a fire. Every... Time...

This problem arose a few weeks ago when new tenants moved in - including myself. It occurred quite often and usually at night. There were even signs posted on the doors promising that if one was caught opening the door they would be subject to fine. However, this has had little effect as people still use the emergency exits to leave - most often the one by my door. See the building is set up like a capitol letter H with an elongated bar in the middle. My room is the last room at the end of one of the struts - right next to the E-exit. It annoys the crap out of me that people won't just take the extra 30-60 seconds to go out the front or rear entrance. Even if I'm running late, I go all the way to the front. And for me that is further than most people in the building. 

Stupidity is an infectious desease that should be attacked and snuffed out before it affects the entire world. Unless its too late. Once I build my time machine, that will be changed. I have no qualms about altering the space-time continuum if it betters society at large. 

Be on the lookout for the next RANDOM NINJA ATTACK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment