Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day of the Hog

Happy Groundhog day everybody!

As you all know, today is the day in which we all pay attention to the actions of a groundhog. He/she awakes from hibernation and emerges from their den, if the groundhog sees their shadow they run back into their den. We somehow determine from his/her actions whether or not spring will come early or if we will have six more weeks of winter. I'm not sure how a groundhog seeing his/her shadow is more effective than sophisticated weather satellites and doppler radar and such, but what do I know.
But it doesn't make sense to me. If the groundhog sees their shadow should that not indicate anearly spring, since the sun is returning to the northern hemisphere.

1 comment:

  1. Well that Groundhog was right. We are going to have a longer winter Random Ninja. What did you think about the snow we had on the 12th here in the south? Is it serious? Is something going to happen Random Ninja? Are we going to be alright? I think we are. I just want to read your comments. Also Beanie and I found some great movies for you to review. Also I am the bass player in my band! Later Random Ninja Sir! - Kyle of The Art of One

    ReplyDelete